Thursday, August 17, 2017

Flower Snow

It was just very busy and crowded day, I just woke up so late and met a friend. We have plans to just enjoy some desserts and go to shopping around Gangnam Area. Because very often rolling around the Gangnam area, there is not much dessert cafe we can try to, but one cafe attracted me to come. The Dessert Cafe called 꽃잎 스노우 디저트 / Flower Snow Dessert.


From outside of the cafe, we already feel the feminine nuisance from the flower, they even have a pinky name sign board, very girly! The cafe was very well organized with pink and light gray chairs. They decorated every table with fresh flower, beautifully match with marble table. If you see the ceiling, you can see hanging leaf there. It looked so natural and beautiful. In the order desk, they had an LCD menu sign board so you can see all the available menu clearly. Every corner of this cafe was full of flowers and look so fresh.


For your information, this cafe has a special menu, they always put cute flower made with white bean paste on top of their special menu, like ice flakes and cakes. They had a different color and taste so they can adjust match with the menu taste.


So, after long discussion, we decided to order Green Tea Ice Flakes / 녹차빙수, Red Velvet Cream Cake / 레드벨벳 생크림 케이크, and Ice Pomegranate Ade / 석류초. I was really excited when my order came to our table, it was colorful and looks fresh. The beautiful white bean paste flower was looking very lovely, made me feel sorry to eat that.


Red Velvet Cream Cake / 레드벨벳 생크림 was quite different with red velvet cake we usually consume. The main ingredient was rice powder and to make rice cake usually they made the cake with steam method. The taste was quite different, the texture was quite rough but solid. Not really sweet, but the red velvet flavor was blended well with the texture. If you never try to eat rice cake (Korean Traditional cake) maybe the taste a little bit weird, but I really like it because I'm a fan of Rice Cake. And top of the Red Velvet Cream Cake there was a beautiful red rose white bean paste flower. If you curious about the taste, The white bean paste tastes almost similar with red bean taste. It was just so beautiful, made me feel sorry to eat that! But it was great, I think the best from entire this cake parts.
Price: 7,000₩


Green Tea Ice Flakes / 녹차빙수!!! I kind of want to scream when eating this Ice Flakes, it was great and great and great, very fit to eat with the summer season. As I explained before in the top of the Ice Flakes we can find beautiful white bean paste flower and I think that flower was perfectly matched when you eat that with Ice Flakes. I actually not fan of green tea, but trust me it was really delicious! The Green tea ice cream inside plus ice flakes on the top of that was matched from heaven! I definitely want to eat this again!
Price: 6,000₩


After eating two desserts, time to make fresh our mouth and stomach with the Ice Pomegranate Ade / 석류초! It was my first time heard about Pomegranate as Ade, quite hesitated to order that, but the owner said that is the best Ade to try. So as recommended by the cafe's owner, I try that and the taste was outstanding! It was quite unique but similar to Grapefruit Ade mix with Strawberry Ade. It was very fresh and great! And one thing made me excited about this Ade, they served the ice cube with edible yellow flower inside (I'm not sure what kind of flower but I guess it was Prim Rose Flower)! I think it was a great idea to give more colors on the drink so it will look more tempting to drink.
Price: 6,000₩

How to get there:
꽃잎 스노우 디저트 / Flower Snow Dessert
15, Gangnam-daero 94-gil, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea 06129 / 서울특별시 강남구 강남대로94길 15
Working hours: Everyday 10.00-23.00KST
Seoul subway Line 2 to Gangnam Station exit 11 or 12.


Okay, I just fall in love with this cafe, the interior, the food, the drink, the services all perfect! I definitely will be stopping by again anytime soon to try other desserts at this cafe! Love it!


Lately, I really want to take some time to breathe in the place like countryside area, I want to take myself far away from my busy life and the crowded city. I'm grown up in the countryside area in Indonesia when you can hear the birds chirping in the morning or green color from the paddy field. And weirdly, I miss that situation sometimes.

When your age no longer young and when the world isn't just about eat, sleep, and play anymore, I just feel like wanting to breathe in the open air with green color spreading in the front of my eyes. It isn't running, it is just to refresh the depleted energies.

So, maybe I still can't do that right now, but as soon as I have time I want to spend 1-2 days to enjoy that kind peaceful scenery. How about you? How's life?


FOLLOW ME AND LET'S GET LOST!


1 comment:

  1. Always have fun. It's also a time to enjoy the Chuseok Holiday and all the delicious food that comes with it.

    ReplyDelete