Tuesday, October 25, 2016

2016 K-Food Festival

Same day with the final day of SFW. 2016 K-Food Festival held at Coex Mall, Seoul. There were a lot activities you can find like open cooking studio, K-food kitchen performance, food sampling, art performance and much more.





One of the many activities, there was "cooking class for foreigners" you can register on their website and get a free Korean food cooking class. And I attempted to register without any feeling I will get that. But two days before the day, I've got phone call said I've got picked as one of the participants. So I came!





Alright, let's start with the cooking class story. I arrived at the place, then every participant gets their own ingredients package. We've got a crepe skin, buckwheat noodle, kimchi and some veggies. And what they called "cooking class" was put the buckwheat noodle and kimchi in the top of the crepe skin and wrap it! Done! ;p it's a slight bit too simple to call that cooking class isn't it? And for your information, the food is called 메밀전병 / Buckwheat Crepe. However, I've got good time, and I've got the opportunity to try various Korean-style salad sauces.


I hope for next year, the cooking class going to be more fun and the level of difficulty more increase than this year!

One thing I find really fascinating from this cooking class is the interest of the foreigners to learn and try the Korean food. And between of that feel, I really want to promote my own country foods too, because Indonesia food is very perfect food for every taste with great combination of spices make the taste is just one and only!


And after doing my cooking class, like I write in my last post, Seoul Fashion Week 17SS. I went to SFW and fancy restaurant Dochi pizza. But don't end yet, after eating of course you need dessert! Then, I went to the famous shopping area at Sinsa called Garosugil. And I picked la pomme cafe to enjoy my dessert that day.

La Pomme have a very cozy interior with unique decorations make La Pomme always packed with visitors. In this cafe, you need to order same as how much the people come with you. So because I came with 3 others friends, we ordered 몽블랑 트레디쇼넬 / Mont-blanc tradition and 가토 마르졸렌 / Gateau Marjolaine and the famous 말차빙수 / Macha Kakigori (this menu count for two persons). The price is quite expensive but overall the taste was really good. Worth to try!

And that day closed with a full stomach and new experienced! Cheers!


FOLLOW ME AND LET'S GET LOST!


No comments:

Post a Comment