Saturday, October 8, 2016

The Other Side of This Life

Since I moved to Korea, I began having feelings to be healthier. What I love from Korea is there are a lot facilities to practice some sport and that's free. There is a lot hiking course, walking course, even free fitness equipment you can find in the park. Korea made stream being a great place for walking trails, some place has basketball court too. Basically, Korean really respected healthy lifestyle.

And my plans that day were hiking at 북악스카이웨이 (Bugak Skyway). The 19km-long Bugak Skyway runs along the northeast ridge of Bugaksan Mountain.

The road offers lovely views of Bukhansan Mountain’s Bibong Peak and Munsubong Peak on one side and Namsan Mountain on the other side. Trees line the roadside and different flowers bloom each season. The Skyway leads to an octagonal pavilion at the top called Palgakjeong.


The hiking course not really tough, just little bit stone uphill road. Just relax while enjoying the view of Bugak mountain, the fresh air and beautiful scene made me feel more relaxed and refreshed.

It's really great and I think this is why you need to stay in Korea. Their appreciation of environmental condition and their caring for healthy life really open my eyes how important healthy lifestyle is.



One of my hobby is eating delicious foods and one of my favorite food is meats. So to keep eating delicious foods, of course I need take care my own wellness. So between delicious foods and my healthiness, I really need to do some sport and exercising, to keep my body in shape and healthy, while I do my hobbies.

I realized if I need lifestyle and balance between that 2 things at the same time, eat hard, workout well (well, no need "hard", only as long as you still do some workout) ;) and in my personal opinion, if you healthy you are going to have a happy life too. Hiking is one of my favorite exercise choices because it can refresh my mind either.




I stopped by at Palgakjeong, where visitors can take a panoramic view of the city, take photos, and have a meal or coffee while enjoying the scenery. There’s also a parking lot that can accommodate up to 130 cars.

You can also enjoy a traditional plaza, a pagoda resting area, a wildflower garden and walking trails. In the pagoda resting area you can find a restaurant and because my stomach screamed ask to eat, I ordered Cream pasta. The view is very wonderful.

And oh yeah, I paired Adidas Legging with a black crop tank top from H&M. Green T-shirt from Forever21 and running shoes from Reebok.



You can find the famous 우체통 / mailbox, this mailbox is called 느린 우체통 (slow mailbox), if you put letter here to someone you love and the letter will be accepted 1 years after you sent that. You can try that, if maybe you have some secret feeling you can't talk about to someone you love. Maybe a miracle will be happen? :) Don't stop believing. Fighting!



Time to back home, from Bukak Skyway Palgakjeong I need to walk about 45-60 minutes for the closest transportation. On the way home, we accidentally found a very beautiful cafe called 산모퉁이(Sanmothungi) this cafe used to shoot one of the popular Korea dramas called Coffee Prince. If you fans of Korea drama, I'm sure you know this drama because it's quite popular. I don't have enough time to explore inside the cafe, so I have just taken a picture and go. Next time, I am definitely going to go here again to explore more.

So, let's eat hard, and work out well.
Be healthy and happy! :) 

FOLLOW ME AND LET'S GET LOST!




No comments:

Post a Comment